Black Bicycles Only
There are numerous reasons to choose the darkest color among the limitless amount of tones out there. The color Black symbolizes power, sophistication, authority, rebellion, elegance, aggression, and much more – from good to bad!
If that list didn’t inspire you just yet – here are a few reasons why you simply can’t go wrong with black:
Black bikes matter
7 Reasons To Get a Black Bike:
- Black ALWAYS blends in
- Black represents BOLDNESS
- Black gets HOT under the sun
- Black is the color of prestige
- Black absorbs all light in the color spectrum
- The color black symbolizes power
- Black holds the secrecy
Blackest black – Vanta Black
Graphite / Matte black / Gloss black / Gunmetal / Jet black
Black Bikes Line-Up
Black Mountain Bikes
TREK – Procaliber 6
MSRP $2,000 Trek
The Procaliber 6 is a mid-range XC mountain bike with a well-thought-out geometry. The bike is not entirely built with super-durable components only, but it also features an IsoSpeed decoupler. It is a great advantage you would expect from a high-end hardtail MTB. IsoSpeed decreases the stress from bumps by delivering a smoother overall riding experience.
Besides the IsoSpeed, the bike is packed with top quality brands such as RockShox, Bontrager, SRAM, Shimano
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame with IsoSpeed decoupler
- RockShox Judy Gold, Solo Air spring front fork with 80mm (XS, S) 100mm travel (M, L, XL)
- 27.5×2.20” (XS, S) / 29×2.20” tires (M – XL)
- Max tire size 27.5/29×2.40″
- SRAM SX Eagle, 12-speed drivetrain
- Bontrager Arvada Saddle
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes – MT401 levers, MT400 calipers
Weight M – 26.92 lbs (12.21 kg) – Max weight limit- 300 pounds (136 kg).
DIAMONDBACK – Release 5C Carbon
MSRP $5,000 Diamondback
This top-of-the-range trail bike is ideal for riders wanting to bounce over even the roughest of terrain with ease. Its Level Link suspension technology helps take the impact out of big drops, making for a smooth landing each time while charging downhill or in an MTB jump park.
The extended frame geometry on the front and compact rear end help keep the bike stable at high speeds while also agile in tight corners. The superlight full carbon frame means climbing hills feels effortless on the Diamondback Release 5C, as it bounds over rocks like an excited puppy.
- Fox 36 Performance Elite Float front fork – 150mm travel
- Fox Performance Elite Float DPX2 – 130mm travel rear shock
- Carbon frame
- 27’5″ wheels
- SRAM groupset
- SRAM Guide RS hydraulic disc brakes
DIAMONDBACK – Sync’R Carbon
MSRP $2,550 Diamondback
The Sync’r Carbon is an aggressive hardtail charger designed to shred singletrack and trails through forests and countryside. The full carbon MTB frame incorporates a tapered head tube combined with increased rear spacing to provide an extra-stiff ride that you can feel through the pedals.
With 140mm of Fox suspension up front, you can safely go into any big jumps or steep drops without worry. The trusty Shimano hydraulic disc brakes won’t let you down when you need to make split-second movements at speed and high-range SRAM gears take the effort out of climbs.
If you’ve been looking for black Diamondback mountain bikes in the past and haven’t settled for one yet, the Sync’R Carbon is one of the toughest hardtail MTB’s available!
- Carbon frame
- Fox 34 Performance Float rear shock, 140mm of Travel, Grip 3 POS, 15mm Thru Axle
- Shimano MT501 hydraulic disc brakes, with 180mm (f) and 160mm (r) rotors
- SRAM GX Eagle, 12 speed
- Maxxis Minion DHF 27.5×2.8″ tubeless-ready, foldable EXO tires
- Weight: 29.1 Lbs
TREK – Slash 9.9 X01 AXS
MSRP $8,500+ Trek
This top-level enduro mountain bike doesn’t cut any corners when it comes to quality. The Slash 9.9 is a pricey but beautiful beast-of-a-bike, with wireless gears, a full carbon frame, and some of the best suspension on the market. Add a dropper seat post and 4-piston disc brakes and the downhills become your friend.
The 29er wheels fitted with thick-treaded tubeless-ready tires tear through off-road terrain with effortless ease and tight grip. From singletrack to steep descents, this is an enduro bike built to tackle anything that is thrown at it. It’s a lightweight, playful yet serious bike that will impress professional and intermediate riders alike.
- Best use: XC
- Wireless SRAM AXS electronic drivetrain
- A full OCLV Mountain Carbon frame
- RockShox Lyrik Ultimate fork
- Trek’s exclusive RE: Aktiv with Thru Shaft shock
- fast-rolling carbon 29er wheels
- Wireless RockShox Reverb AXS dropper makes this top-of-the-line ride the undisputed king of enduro.
- Weight limit This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
RockShox dropper post and suspension / 29″ wheels / Carbon frame / Electronic Drivetrain
SALSA – Horsethief SX Eagle
MSRP $2,649 Aventuron
When it comes to 29″ full suspension trail bikes you’ll struggle to find something decent in the price range of the Salsa Horsethief. Although the 6066 aluminum frame does push the weight up a bit to the higher end, it’s nicely balanced out by the top quality components.
With dropper post compatibility and 140mm of front travel, this is an all-rounder trail charger that can also handle steep descents and slow climbs. Finished off with Maxxis tires, Split-pivot suspension, and adjustable frame tuning, the Horsethief is an affordable MTB trail bike that has a high-quality feel.
- Best Use: Trail MTB – Enduro
- Aluminum Frame 6066-T6
- Front fork – RockShox Recon RL 140mm
- 51mm offset Fork Travel 140 millimeters Rear Shock RockShox Deluxe RT
- Shifters SRAM SX Eagle Rear shifters
- Derailleur SRAM SX Eagle
- SRAM PG1210 12-speed rear cogs
- Hydraulic disc brakes – Shimano MT401 with 180 mm rotors
- Tires – Maxxis Minion DHF 29×2.5 in
29″ wheels / 12 gears / 140mm fork travel / Aluminum frame
CANNONDALE – Jekyll Carbon 3 -29″
MSRP $4,250 REI
This versatile trail bike comes in at a nice price for an all-round carbon frame MTB. Although it doesn’t have the downhill charging capacity of some higher-end bikes, it handles rough singletrack and dirt trails with ease. However, if you need a better downhill suspension, check out the Jekyll Carbon 2.
The highly adjustable suspension means you can go for flat-out speed on smoother terrain or loosen it up for rolling over rocky trails. The proprietary Gemini system makes it easy to change between suspension modes from the handlebars, a unique and impressive addition that we hope to see on more bikes in the future.
- Best Use: Trail MTB
- Front fork: Fox Float Performance 36, 150mm, Grip Damper, 3-Pos adj 44mm offset
- Rear Shock: Fox Float Performance DPX2 EVOL, 3-Pos adj
- Crankset Truvativ Stylo 6K DUB, 30T, Ai offset
- Shifters SRAM GX Eagle,
- SRAM GX Eagle rear derailleur
- Rear Cogs SRAM PG-1230, NX Eagle, 11-50t, 12-speed Number of Gears 12 gear(s)
- SRAM Guide RE hydraulic disc brakes – 200/180mm Centerline rotors
- SRAM Guide RE Brake Levers
- Maxxis Assegai, 29″ x 2.5″ in Dual compound Tires – EXO puncture protection, tubeless-ready
- Chain SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed Dropper Post Yes
- Weight 33 lbs. 3.2 oz.
Carbon frame / 29″ wheels / 150mm fork travel / 12 gears / SRAM components / Hydraulic disc brakes – 200/180mm rotors
GHOST – FRAMR 6.7
MSRP $4,200 REI
For an aluminum bike with coil-sprung suspension, the Ghost FRAMER 6.7 initially seems expensive for what it is. However, Ghost is known for their attention to detail and quality finishes, and this bike is no exception.
For gravity or park riding, the coil-sprung damper on the Fox DHX2 actually provides a smoother feel on landing. Add 170mm of travel on the fork and it’s clear this is a bike intended for aggressive riding. The top-shelf DT Swiss M 1900 wheels, Maxxis tires, and SRAM brakes ensure this machine provides excellent value-for-money.
- Best use: All-mountain MTB
- GHOST AMR aluminum frame
- Fox 36 Float front fork with a 3-position Grip damper and 170mm travel
- FOX DHX2 Performance Elite coil rear shock with 160mm travel
- SRAM Decent Eagle DUB, 34t crankset
- SRAM DUB press-fit bottom bracket
- SRAM GX Eagle shifters, rear derailleur
- SRAM XG 1275 10-50t rear cogs
- SRAM Code R hydro disc brakes & levers, with 200mm front, 180mm rear rotors
- DT SWISS H1900 Spline wheels
- Front/Rear hubs DT SWISS H1900 Spline Boost
- Front tire: Maxxis Minion DHF 27.5 x 2.5 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR
- Rear tire: Maxxis Minion DHR II 27.5 x 2.40W 3C
- JD dropper seat post with remote
- Ergon SMD20 Comp Stealth saddle
- Pedals Not included
- Strummer semi-integrated headset
- SRAM SX Eagle chain
27’5″ Wheels / 170 mm (f) / 160 mm (r) suspension travel / 12 gears / Hydraulic disc brakes / Dropper post / SRAM set-up
TREK – Session 9.9 29
$8,399 $6,700 Trekbikes
Session 9.9 is your quintessential downhill charger – built for purpose with no expense spared or concessions made. An OCLV mountain carbon frame bike with FOX factory air-spring, fine-tunable suspension, and Shimano Saint drivetrain is naturally going to attract a high price. However, keep in mind this is the bike that pro riders use to win downhill competitions, so you’re in good company.
Quite simply, if you want the toughest, fastest, and nimblest 29″ downhill mountain bike on the market, you’ll struggle to find anything better than the Trek Session 9.9. It’s a dedicated DH-riders dream on wheels.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame & stays
- ABP, magnesium EVO Link
- Tapered head tube, Mino Link, integrated frame protection
- Control Freak internal routing
- Carbon Armor, ISCG mount
- Front fork – Fox Factory 40 FIT Grip2, air spring, Kashima Coat, hi/lo speed compression, Boost 110×20 thru-axle, 190mm travel
- Wheels – Bontrager Line DH 30 tubeless-ready wheels
- Tires – Bontrager G5 Team Issue, wire bead, 29×2.50˝
- Shifters – Shimano Saint, 10 speed
- Rear derailleur – Shimano Saint M820, Shadow Plus
- Crank – Shimano Saint M825, 36T w/MRP G4 carbon chain guide
- Bottom bracket – Shimano SM-BB80, 83mm
- Cassette – Shimano CS-5700, 11-25, 10 speed
- KMC X10 chain
- Pedals – Wellgo MG-1, magnesium body, Cro-Mo axle, replaceable pins
- Saddle – Bontrager Arvada, austenite rails
- Seatpost – Bontrager Rhythm Elite, 31.6mm, 0mm offset
- Shimano Saint M820 hydraulic disc brakes
- Weight – M – 15.65 kg / 34.5 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit – (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Carbon frame – magnesium link / 190mm Fox / 10-speed / Shimano Saint/Bontrager components
Black Road Bikes + Gravel/Touring
TREK – Crockett 4 Disc
MSRP $1,680 REI
For bikepacking, cyclocross or gravel enthusiasts, the Crockett 4 promises to impress with its tough design and off-road capabilities. It’s a mid-range road bike designed to tackle more than just tarmac, with large 32c treaded tires, a quality aluminum frame, and a lightweight carbon fork.
In tests, we found the Crockett 4 handles ascents better than most cross-style bikes in its category but struggles a bit to compete with similar road bikes on flats or descents. Its components are of good quality without being unnecessarily rare or expensive, which makes it ideal for touring, bikepacking, or less speed-orientated activities.
- 300 Series Alpha Aluminum frame
- Invisible Weld Technology
- Tapered head tube
- Control Freak internal routing
- 3S chain keeper
- Trek Cross carbon fork, tapered carbon steerer
- Internal brake routing
- Fender mounts
- Bontrager Affinity Disc rims – Tubeless Ready, 24-hole, 21mm width, Presta valve Spokes
- 700x32c Bontrager CX3 Team Issue tires with aramid bead, 120 TPI
- Shifter SRAM Apex, 11 speed
- SRAM Apex 1 rear derailleur
- Praxis T47 threaded bottom bracket w/ internal bearing
- SRAM PG-1130, 11-32 cassette
- Bontrager Montrose Comp saddle with
- Bontrager Comp seat post
- Bontrager Comp VR-C handlebar with Bontrager Supertrack perf tape
- 50 Bontrager Elite stem – 31.8mm
- FSA Integrated headset with sealed cartridge bearings, 1-1/8” top, 1.5” bottom
- Tektro C550 mechanical dual-piston disc brakes, w/ 160mm rotor
Weight Size 56 frame – 20.3 lbs (9.2 kg) – Weight limit of 275 pounds (125 kg).
Aluminum frame / Carbon fork / Tektro mechanical disc brakes / Internal cable routing / SRAM & Bontrager components
DIAMONDBACK – Haanjo 7C Carbon
MSRP $3,000 Diamondback
The Diamondback Haanjo 7C is a super lightweight yet beastly carbon gravel bike that begs to be ridden fast on dirt roads and singletrack. Smooth, reliable gearing provided by quality Ultegra parts is complemented by instant stopping power from the Shimano hydraulic disc brakes.
The slightly-flared drop bars make it comfortable to ride long distances over tarmac while providing nimble handling on singletrack and gravel. Despite the extra-large 37c tires, this bike can get some serious speed while swallowing up small rocks and obstacles. A truly adventurous trail bike for adrenaline junkies.
- FRAME – DB Carbon Alternative Road Frame, Endurance Geometry, Relaxed Headtube Angle, Disc Specific, w/ 142×12 Thru-axle, Replaceable Hanger
- FORK – DB Gravel Performance, Full Monocoque Carbon, Carbon 12mm Thru Axle Drop Outs, Flat Mount Disc ready, w/Tapered Steerer Tube
- HEADSET – FSA No.42, Sealed Cartridge
- CRANKS – Praxxis Girder Direct Mount, 48/32T
- BOTTOM BRACKET – Praxxis M30 Sealed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR – Shimano Ultegra FD-R8000, 31.8mm Band Clamp
- REAR DERAILLEUR – Shimano Ultegra RX RD-R8000, Shadow Plus, 11 Speed, GS
- SHIFTER – Shimano ST-R8020, Dual Control 2×11 Speed
- RIMS – HED Tomcat Disc 24h, 21mm Internal Width, Tubeless Ready
- TIRES – WTB Riddler, Dual DNA Compound, Lightweight Casing Tubeless, 700x37c
- SEATPOST – HED Pro Tour Carbon, 27.2mm
- EXTRAS – Tool Kit, Tubeless Valves, Chainstay Protector, Carbon Paste
- BRAKES – Shimano BR-R8070 Flat Mount Hydraulic Disc, w/160mm Front / 160mm Rear Rotors
Carbon frame and fork / 700x37c wheels / Hydraulic disc brakes / Tool kit included / HED Tomcat wheels
TREK – Checkpoint SL 6
MSRP $3,800 Trek
Coming standard with 35c tires means the Checkpoint SL 6 is designed for faster riding on flatter terrain but that doesn’t mean it can’t handle the rough. Trek‘s proprietary IsoSpeed decoupler technology adds a decent amount of suspension that swallows up vibration.
This results in a lovely, smooth roll at high speed along with dirt and singletrack. Add the lightweight OCLV carbon frame and you have a fast, competitive gravel bike that can handle tarmac and dirt in equal measure. Fit some larger 40c tires and you have an off-road adventure bike ideal for some long-distance, backcountry explorations.
- 500 Series OCLV carbon frame, IsoSpeed, tapered head tube
- Control Freak internal routing
- 12x100mm / 12x142mm thru-axles
- 700x40c – Tire Bontrager GR1 Team Issue, 120 TPI tires
- Shimano Ultegra R8020 11-speed Shifters
- Shimano Ultegra R8000 Braze-on front derailleur
- Shimano Ultegra RX800 Shadow Plus clutch rear derailleur with long cage, 34T max cog
- Bontrager Arvada Comp saddle
- Blendr compatible
- FSA Integrated headset
- Shimano Ultegra hydraulic disc brakes w/ flat-mount
- Shimano RT800 hydraulic disc brakes with 160mm rotors & center lock
Weight (Size 56 frame) / 20.15 lbs 9.14 kg / Weight limit – 275 pounds (125 kg).
Carbon frame and fork / 22-speed / Rack&fender ready / Bontrager wheels&tires / Hydraulic disc brakes
DIAMONDBACK – Haanjenn 2 Women’s
MSRP $800 Diamondback
The Diamondback Haanjen 2 is an introductory gravel bike for women with good quality parts at an affordable price. It’s a real all-rounder that makes an excellent work commuter and weekend explorer, with large 37c tires and a strong aluminum frame that fits a pannier rack for carrying luggage.
Somewhat weightier than most gravel bikes, the Haanjen 2 is less-suited to singletrack racing but makes a great bikepacking or short-distance touring bicycle. The slacker, upright seating position is ideal for long, comfortable rides along backcountry lanes, fire roads, or dirt tracks.
- DB Steel Gravel Disc fork, 1-1/8″ Steerer Tube, w/Fender, and Low Rider Mounts
- Steel cartridge bottom bracket
- Shimano Claris RD-R2000, 8 Speed, GS rear derailleurs
- Shimano Claris ST-R2000 STI shifters, 2×8 Speed
- Shimano HG50 Cassette, 8 Speed, 11-32T
- 28h Alloy Quick-release hubs
- 14g Stainless Steel spokes
- Diamondback Equation CX, 28h rims
- 700x38c tires with reflective sidewalls, 60TPI
- DB platform pedals
- Diamondback Performance Women’s Gravel/Road seat
- Tektro Mira Post Mount Mechanical Disc disc brakes, 160/140mm rotors (f) , (r)
Aluminum frame&fork / 16-speed / 700x38c wheels / Rack&fender ready / Tool-kit included / Mechanical disc brakes
SALSA – Journeyman Apex 1 Women’s
MSRP $1,499 REI
A multi-purpose bicycle with a wide variety of capabilities. You can use it as a:
- Road bike for training purposes
- Delivery bike
- Gravel or a touring bike
- Urban commuter
- Light trail bike
As you can see, it is more than just a bike that’s great on one occasion. The drop-bar handlebar gives you a comfortable grip, which-matter of fact is an important factor for any endurance-focused bicycle. Salsa bikes are known for their somewhat quirky and funky design elements, and the Apex 1 Women’s hasn’t gotten away from it as well.
- Best Use: Touring
- Crankset SRAM Apex 1 X-Sync, 40t Shifters SRAM Apex 1
- Rear Derailleur SRAM Apex 1 Rear Cogs SRAM PG 1130, 11-42t
- Number of Gears 11 gear(s)
- Brake Type Mechanical Disc Brake
- Brakes TRP Spyre-C, 160mm rotors
- SRAM Apex Rims WTB ST i19 TCS 2.0 700c
- brake levers
- Novatec 32h hubs
- Wheel Size 700c
- Tires WTB Riddler 700 x 37mm Comp
- SRAM PC 1110 chain
Aluminum frame&fork / 700c wheels / 11 gears / Mechanical disc brakes + 160mm rotors
Black Electric Bikes
ELECTRA – Townie Go! 7D
MSRP $2,100 REI
Trek’s comfort series bikes are produced under the name of Electra bikes. Their range consists of cruisers and commuter bikes, and the 8-speed Townie Go! is one of the most popular eBikes on the range. Best of all – it’s black, super comfortable and it’s using a Bosch battery. Whether you are in a need of a bike that would get you from A to B in style and comfort, you can rest assured when thinking of the durability of this bike! It is a mixture of a cruiser and a geometry borrowed from a hybrid – making it one of the best value E-Bikes on the list!
- 6061-T6 aluminum frame
- High-tensile steel unicrown fork
- FSA forged alloy 170mm crank – Bosch Type with a 38-tooth FSA chainring
- Shimano Acera Rapid Fire Plus shifters
- Shimano Tourney 8-speed rear derailleur
- SRAM PG-820 rear cogs – 11-32T 7 speed
- Mechanical Tektro disc brakes
- 26″ x 2.35″
- Saddle Ergonomic with shock-absorbing elastomers
- Alloy platform pedals with nonslip rubber tread
- 1-1/8 steel threaded/semi-integrated headset
- Chain KMC X 8.99 nickel-plated
- Weight 49 pounds
Class 1 pedal assist / 400Wh 250W Bosch battery / 8 gears / 40Nm torque / Charge time:3.5h / Max speed: 20mp/h / Pedal-assist range: 20-100 miles
CANNONDALE – Habit Neo 4
MSRP $5,500 REI
The Habit Neo 4 is not simply an electric mountain bike but rather one of Cannondale‘s top-quality MTBs with an electric motor added. It comes in at a medium price range for eMTBs which is impressive for carbon fiber and aluminum composite frame and SRAM SX Eagle drivetrain.
Add RockShox Recon air suspension and SRAM hydro disc brakes with WTB rims and Maxxis tires and you realize this is a feature-packed machine aimed at serious eMTB riders. The 250W motor and 500W battery can take you up to 60 miles on a full charge with pedal-assistance.
- Weight 49 lbs. 3.2 oz.
- Bike Frame Material Aluminum / Carbon Frame
- 130mm travel, Carbon front triangle, SmartForm C1 alloy swingarm,
- Removable down tube battery, alloy skid plate
- Ai offset drivetrain
- Internal cable routing
- Fork RockShox Recon RL, 140mm, Solo Air, 15×110, tapered steerer, 51mm offset
- Fork Travel 140 millimeters
- Rear Shock RockShox Deluxe Select R, DebonAir Crankset Bosch Gen4 with custom Ai offset, 34t
- Shifters SRAM SX Eagle, 12-speed
- Rear Derailleur SRAM SX Eagle Rear Cogs SRAM PG-1210, SX Eagle, 11-50, 12-speed
- Number of Gears 12 gear(s)
- Brake Type Hydraulic Disc Brake Brakes SRAM Level T hydro disc, 200/200mm Centerline rotors
- Brake Levers SRAM Level T hydro disc Rims WTB STX i29 TCS, 32h, tubeless-ready
- Front Hub Formula DC-511, 15×100
- Rear Hub Formula DC-1248, 12×148
- Wheel Size 29 inches
- Tires Maxxis Rekon, 29 x 2.6 in., EXO, tubeless-ready
- Tire Width 2.6 inches
- TranzX dropper, internal routing, 31.6, 120mm L: TranzX dropper, internal routing, 31.6, 130mm XL: TranzX dropper, internal routing, 31.6, 130mm
- Saddle Fabric Scoop Shallow Sport, steel rails
- Pedals Not included
- Headset Integrated sealed bearing, tapered
- Chain SRAM SX Eagle, 12-speed Weight 49 lbs. 3.2 oz.
Class 1 Pedal assist / 500Wh 250W Bosch Performance CX battery – 75Nm torque – 20mp/h – Range: 60 miles / 140-130mm travel / 12 gears
TREK – Verve+ 3
MSRP $3,000 Trek
The Trek Verve 3+ is a classy hybrid electric bike that comes equipped with lights, fenders, and a rear rack. It’s based on Trek’s hybrid bike of the same name with a slightly altered frame to fit the Bosch pedal-assist motor and has a removable battery pack for easy charging.
The high-quality Alpha frame feels solid enough to carry heavy weight, making this an ideal electric bike for short, effortless weekend camping trips into the countryside. The thick tires and suspension seat posts absorb vibration, making for a comfortable ride over a long distance.
- Quick-release alloy fork
- Formula DC 20 (f) DC 22 (r) hubs
- Double-wall, 32H Bontrager Connection wheels with Schrader valves
- 700x50c Bontrager E6 Hard-case lite 60TPI wire bead reflective tires
- 14g stainless steel spokes
- Shimano Alivio derailleur
- KMC X9 chain
- Bontrager Satellite City pedals
- Bontrager Boulevard saddle
- Comfort suspension seat post
- Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc brakes with Shimano RT26 160mm rotors
- Bosch PowerTube 500 battery
- Alloy cargo rack
- Weight: 54,5 lbs / 25kg
- Weight limit: 300 lbs / 136kg
Black Cruiser Bikes
SixThreeZero – EVRYJourney
SixThreeZero focuses on making the best value comfort cruiser bikes on the market, and they are pretty damn good at it. The variety of bikes are built for recreational use, whereas the looks are equal to their level of set-up. The EVRYJourney is one of the most advanced bikes on their whole comfort-series bikes, featuring everything for a comfortable A to B commutes.
- Comfortable saddle
- Wavey handlebar
- Rear rack
- Schneider valves
1-speed MSRP $380
3- speed MSRP $470
7-speed MSRP $455
21-speed MSRP $500
SCHWINN – Huron and Mikko
MSRP from $370 Amazon
Anyone who knows anything about bikes must’ve heard of Schwinn bicycles. You see them zipping around town quite often, as the Schwinn has released hundreds and thousands of bikes for the consumer market. What makes this one stand out among others is the full set-up needed for everyday commutes. It’s equipped with a 7-speed derailleur, coaster and rim brakes, and a super-comfortable spring-loaded saddle. Now, an important factor you don’t want to forget is that this bike allows you to arrive anywhere in style – as you can wear anything you please. It’s equipped with front and rear fenders, and a chain guard – which are actually a huge bonus!
- Durable steel frame and fork
- Retro look
- Shimano 7 speed twist-shifter drivetrain
- Front and rear linear-pull brakes provide confident stopping
- Retro fenders
- Schwinn quality padded cruiser saddle and handlebar with upright stem provide comfortable riding position
- 26-inch wheel size fits riders 5 feet 4 inches to 6 feet 2 inches; This bike requires assembly and includes a limited lifetime for as long as you own the bike
7-speed / Upright riding position / Fenders to keep you clean and dry / Super comfortable handlebar and saddle
ELECTRA – Cruiser 1
MSRP $320 REI
This is the bike that got us to write this whole article. I mean, look at the bike and the price tag – it’s a bike you’d really want to give a go, even if you know you don’t need it. It looks so minimalistic and classy that it’s hard not to like anything about this bike, and the fact that it’s built by Electra, won’t give you a reason to doubt that as well.
The large balloon tires, spring-loaded saddle, and wavey handlebar give you the total freedom you need in your bike rides. If you haven’t ridden a cruiser before, I strongly advise making that extra space for this one – as you’ll never going to regret getting a bike simply by the looks of it. If you have to explain your decision to someone – let them ride this bike for a minute so they’d understand the essence of cruiser bikes.
- Steel Frame – 26″ x 2.125″ tires
- Coaster brakes
- Matte black finish
Single-speed / Wavey handlebar / Balloon-tires / Spring-loaded saddle
TREK – Straight 8 8i
MSRP $1,000 Trek
This Electra’s black beach cruiser is not your standard cruiser bike. Although the geometry might seem like most bikes out there, the Straight 8 runs on 24″ wheels, making it sort of a low-rider cruiser compared to most, standard 26″ cruisers. You’ll a lot of attention to detail, which not only makes it a groovy bike to ride, but also something to rest your eyes on. The black & red combination with a raised handlebar makes it a proper bike from the hoods to the beaches – all you’ve got to do is pull it off!
- 38 lbs
- 24″ x 3″ Fatti-O tires
- Painted stubby rear fender
- Internal gearing
- Checker rear rim
- 8-ball valve caps
- Electra low-profile double-coil springs
Mechanical disc & coaster brakes / 8-speed / Balloon-type tires / Stubby rear fender / Kickstand / Anti-rust hardware
Black Hybrid Bikes
CANNONDALE – Bad Boy
When you’ve had a hard time choosing THE hybrid bike for your needs, have you ever come across the Cannondale’s lefty fork design? If not, this might be the one for you as you most likely won’t be seeing any other lefty around the town quite likely. If you have heard about the fork, but just yet haven’t considered getting one, we advise you to look into some of those reviews and see if it could make you think twice about it. There’s literally nothing to pick-on about the whole build, as obviously such a large brand as Cannondale can’t have any failures on a bike that’s designed with a one-sided fork only!
- Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- 650B wheels
- Lefty rigid fork
TREK – FX 1
MSRP $440 Trek
One of the cheapest hybrid bikes by such a known and good-quality bike brand. The FX series is built to satisfy the needs of a recreational cyclist. Although the bike seems rather simple, it’s actually equipped with a bunch of good-quality components that are the corner-stone of its long-term durability. It’s also got a rather up-right riding position and a wide variety of gears which make it a great everyday commuter bike under the 500-dollar line!
- Alpha Gold Aluminum frame
- Rack & fender mounts
- DuoTrap S compatible
- Cantilever brake mount
- 135x5mm Quick-Release Bontrager Connection rims
- 700x35c – Bontrager H2 tires with, wire beads, 30 TPI, 700x35c
Weight L – 12.55 kg / 27.66 lbs
Aluminum frame / Rack&fender ready / DopTrap S compatible / 700x35c wheels
TREK – Dual Sport 1
MSRP $550 Trek
Quite similar to the FX, the Dual Sport features a suspension fork in the front, making it a great choice for lighter trails and mixed urban areas. Add fenders and racks and you’ve got yourself a super comfortable and good-looking all-rounder. Besides being black, and made by Trek, it’s a new bike for such a little amount of money. If you haven’t ridden a ‘modern/new’ bicycle for ages – you’ll be surprised how even the simple things in the bicycle world has changed and upgraded to a reasonable degree.
- Frame Alpha Gold Aluminum
- DuoTrap S compatible
- Internal cable routing
- Fork SR Suntour NEX, coil spring, preload, 100x5mm QR, 63mm travel
- Bontrager Connection rims – alloy, double-wall, 32-hole with Schrader valve
- Weight – (M) – 30.26 lbs / 13.73 kg
- Shimano Altus
- Shimano Tourney TY510 front derailleur
- Shimano Altus M310 rear derailleur
Aluminum frame / 21-speed rack&fender ready / SR Suntour NEX fork / Bontrager rims
SCHWINN – Sporterra
MSRP $550 Schwinn
Drop bars, disc brakes, and 14-gears make this a worthy hybrid among first-time buyers. It’s best for recreational cyclists who don’t test their boundaries on- and off the road but are looking for a reliable commuter. 700 x 38c wheels will give enough variety on the bike which can effortlessly make it as your training bike. Add racks and fenders and you’ve got yourself an awesome touring bike on the cheap!
- Aluminum frame
- Schwinn rigid fork for fast riding
- 14 speeds with Shimano shifter/brake lever combo and Shimano rear derailleur for quick gear changes
- Schwinn alloy double cranks offer optimal gearing
- Schwinn 700 x 38c Multi-Terrain tires for go-anywhere traction
- Quick-release seat post for easy saddle height adjustment
Aluminum frame / Tough frame for gravel / 2×7 speed / Mechanical disc brakes / 700c wheels
Black Fixie Bikes
Why prefer fixed-gear bikes over a geared one?
Fixed or single-speed bikes are preferred by their ease of use and characteristics. There’s no slack on the chain due to the wobbly derailleur, and you ‘become one’ with the bike rather quick which gives you a certain idea on how to tackle the upcoming road.
- Low maintenance
- Great feel – no slack in the chain
- Awesome looks
STATE BICYCLES CO – Wulf
MSRP $299 State Bicycles
This is by far the best-money-can-buy single-speed fixes on the market! The Wulf is built on a durable steel frame which gives a ton of character and a completely different feel to the bike. It’s easy to forget that it’s a $300 bike when riding or simply looking at it. The single-speed drivetrain and deep-rims are two cherries on top of one cake. If you want a bike that won’t go out of style in the next 10 years, and something that doesn’t need constant maintenance – get the Wulf!
What might pull people off choosing this as their next bike – might be the low price! But,
I’ve had the Wulf for 3 years, and I’m still amazed by the looks and quality of the bike for that amount of money! I’m still confused by the low price, really. If you’d like to upgrade anything on the bike – it would be the brakes and pedals if you’d consider using it as your daily commuter.
16 x 44 gear ratio / Deep-edge wheels / Steel frame / Flip-flop hub / Platform pedals / Approx 25lbs
STATE BICYCLES – 4130 Steel – The Matte Black
MSRP $460 State Bicycles
The true ‘matte black’ by State Bicycles. Another awesome build on a steel frame – flip-flop hub, and a variety of wheels to choose from. State Bicycles sure know how to make unique and minimalistic bicycles – which is something people have been looking for AGES! Go check out their website for further information and options for the whole set-up. You won’t be
- Frame: Double-butted 4130 Grade Chromoly Steel
- Lo-pro or deep V wheelset with 40mm high-flange hubs and sealed bearings
- Gear ratio: 46×16
- Flip-flop hub – single/fixed gear
- Alloy pedals
- Urban comfort saddle
- Weight: ca 22lbs
STATE BICYCLES – Undefeated II – Black Prism Edition
MSRP $1,000 State Bicycles
It’s a mid-range bike produced by single-speed specialists – the State Bicycle Co. The Undefeated II Black Prism Edition is a model they should be proud of! $1000 for a single-speed bike quite a lot, considering the limited field of use it can offer for many, but it sure isn’t a lot for fixed-gear enthusiasts. The Undefeated 2 is a quality build, with lots of attention to detail.
Weighing just under 17lbs with an alloy frame and a carbon fork, it is a great choice for anyone who appreciates the simplicity and speed in their bike rides. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a simple bike – it’s backed up by finely selected components that allow you to push this bike to its limits!
- 7005-Grade double-butted aluminum with a tapered head tube
- Full carbon fork & steerer tube by Essor USA
- Aluminum-plated horizontal dropouts
- Essor USA v2 Bolt wheelset
- Flip-flop hub
- Essor USA Aerodash 170mm crank
- 48×16 gear ratio 70754 – 144BCD chainring
- FSA No.42/ACB Integrated and sealed headset
- Caliper hand brakes
- Microfiber saddle
- Michelin Dynamic Sport tires
- Weight 16.5 lbs – 7.5kg
Black Fat Bikes
TREK – Farley 5
MSRP $1,780 Trek
The Trek Farley 5 is a rigid fat bike with no suspension, making it ideal for riding on a dirt track, beaches, or snow. Fortunately, fat bike tires are usually so large they swallow any vibration anyway, and the addition fork on the Farley 5 helps to give extra flex.
The compact frame and easy-rolling tires make the Farley 5 an ideal fat bike for beginners, as some newcomers tend to find fat bikes tiring and difficult to control. Add to that the attractive price and lightweight frame and you have a winner combination for any fat bike enthusiast.
- Alpha Platinum aluminum frame with a tapered head tube
- Internal derailleur & dropper post routing
- Rack mounts, 197x12mm adjustable horizontal sliding dropouts
- Bontrager Haru fork with tapered alloy steerer (OCLV Carbon lowers, 490mm axle-to-crown, 15x150mm thru-axle)
- Max compatible fork travel: 120mm
- Bontrager alloy hubs
- SUNRingle Mulefut 80 SL rims
- Max tire size 27.5×4.50″ or 26×4.70″
- Shifter Shimano Deore M6000, 10-speed derailleur
- VP-536 nylon platform pedals
- Bontrager Arvada saddle with steel rails, 138mm width
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp grips with nylon lock-on
- Headset – FSA IS-2, 1-1/8” top, 1.5” bottom
- SRAM Level hydraulic disc brakes with 160mm rotors
- Weight M – 31.2 lbs / 14.15 kg (with tubes)
Maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds / 136 kg.
Aluminum frame / 10-speed / SRAM hydraulic disc brakes with 160mm rotors