|Bikexchange Home | Classifieds | Mechanic | Links | Race Headlines | Features | New Books | Photos | Travel | Cartoons | OH-WV-PA Info | Site Map | Search | Contact|
Our New Book!
The Bicycle Book: Wit, Wisdom and Wanderings
Jim Joyce, Editor
This book is a tribute to the bicycle by and for those who ride. It includes 35 articles, 43 cartoons and 1 poem from a score of distinguished writers and cartoonists, and many of these works (including 20 new cartoons) have never been posted on Bikexchange.com. Released November 23, 2007. Highlights:
- Exclusive interview with Chris Carmichael, Lance Armstrong's long time coach and friend.
- Bicycling essays from a Pulitzer Prize winner and a national Catholic Press Association Award winner.
- A dozen other professional writers weigh in on the world's finest human powered machine and the thrill of the ride.
- Hilarious and topical 'toons from cartoonists who have appeared in Dirt Rag, Oregon Cycling, The New Yorker, Forbes, Reader's Digest, Boys’ Life and other major publications and books.
- Thoughtful stories and articles that cover the waterfront on cycling, whether it's fact, humor, recollection, commentary, or prediction. Stories about cycling not only in the U.S., but also in Europe and North Africa.
- Something for everybody who loves to ride! A perfect gift and the perfect vacation book for cyclists of any stripe or level.
- Contributing writers include (in alphabetical order): Gianna Bellofatto (Reid), Jim Brink, John Stuart Clark, a.k.a. Brick, Cathy Dion, Dave and Rhona Fristch, Chip Haynes, Jill Homer, Geoff Husband, Thomas Hylton, Bill Joyce, Jim Joyce, Ted Katauskas, Ella Lawrence, Jay T. McCamic, Scott Roberts, Theresa Russell, Mason St. Clair, Bradley Swink, and Andy "The Mechanic" Wallen.
- Contributing cartoonists include (in alphabetical order): Jonny Hawkins, Bob LaDrew, Bob Lafay, Kate O’Kelley, Mason St. Clair, Andy Singer, and Neal Skorpen.
Published by Satya House Publications, purchase it now directly from...
Or place an order now via Amazon by following this link.Our book has been reviewed extensively, in print and online. Here are links to 11 reviews posted online ...thewashingmachinepost (UK, review 9/25/08)
http://www.thewashingmachinepost.net/Nashville Scene Magazine
http://www.nashvillescene.com/2007-12-06/arts/saving-the-world-two-wheels-at-a-time/Momentum Magazine (British Columbia)
http://www.momentumplanet.com/arts-culture/book-review-bicycle-book-wit-wisdom-and-wanderingsBikeLit.com (scroll down to review)
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08159/888191-140.stmPittsburgh Tribune Review
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/search/s_570814.htmlPedal Pusher (newsletter of Westerville OH Bicycle Club)
Penn State Daily Collegian
Midwest Book Review
For more information, contact:
Jim Joyce, Editor and Founder
Bikexchange.com: The Bicycle Exchange
Editor, The Bicycle Book: Wit, Wisdom and Wanderings
186 Bryson Avenue
Emsworth (Pittsburgh), PA 15202
Retailers and Bike Shops: Contact Julie Murkette at www.satyahouse.com/contact.htmBikexchange.com Home | Other New Bicycling Books